Gantha July, 22 virtual meeting
Gantha held its meeting on the 23rd July at 6.00 p.m. as scheduled and it ended at 8 p.m. The meeting was conducted by Razia Sultana Khan.
Hosne Ara Shahed who is the mother-in-law of a regular Gantha member Masrufa Ayesha Nusrat passed away recently. Gantha observed a minute of silence to show respect to her. Ms Shahed was a well respected teacher and a wtiter and has written about 81 books.
There were three speakers on Women Writers Project.
The speakers were:
- Jharna Rahman talked about RubyRahamn. She is a writer from the 60s. it was time of cultural revolution fot the Bengalis.
- Jobaira Biswas who gave an elaborate talk onPurobiBasu’s life and works.
- Jackie Kabir shed light to the life and works Nurunnessa Islam. A great visionary and activist of women movement.
Following decisions were taken in the meeting:
- Marzia Rahman will be keeping the accounts as MasrufaA Nusrat will be going abroad for higher studies.
- Next meeting can be done partition literature as we are observing the 75th year of partition. It was also decided that we will have a virtual meeting as Covid is again on rise.
- Members who haven’t yet send their writings(the ones they have presented)to Niaz Apa should do so as soon as possible.
The meeting concluded with a decision to hold the next meeting virtuallyon 20th August 2022.
List of attendees: